Monday, September 28, 2009

Community Weight Loss Program

A friend and myself have been involved with a community weight loss program for the last 5 weeks.  The program runs for 12 weeks.  To begin the program I paid $29, all participants pay this, and then that money is put into a jackpot, and at the end of the 12 weeks, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd biggest losers win the jackpot.  There are about 20 people involved all toll.  We attend a meeting every Monday night, where we are measured and weighed.  Each week there is a topic to discuss, this weeks was 'reading labels on foods'. 
What you eat and how you exercise is up to you.  The program is there to keep you motivated, and I feel so far so good.
In five weeks I have loss 2kg, and in cms from all areas of the body in total I have loss18cm.  That has mostly been from my waist and hips.
There is not a lot that I have changed eating wise, I just eat smaller portions.  I have changed simple things like using light dairy products such as cream and cheese.  I have also changed from white bread to whole grain and I have suprised myself by enjoying it more then the white bread now.  The only thing I am still struggling with is eating breakfast.
I have been accomplishing exercise 3 to 4 times a week.  With the help of my friend, we have been doing strength and toning exercises, and I have been doing walking laps of the Highfields pool.   This week I hope to be able to swim some laps.
I do feel that if I had tried to do this on my own I would have given up weeks ago, but with the aid of the program and also my good friend, I have stuck to it, and I am proud of myself.
 I will keep you up to date on my progress. 

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo. Doing well. It aint easy losing. (K!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I know how hard it is to lose it and stay on track

    ReplyDelete